Changing a Child’s Name

Changing a Child's Name: What’s in a Name By: Alicia Fastman, Esquire Changing a child’s name is simple, if both parents agree and consent to the change Where there is an agreement, it is as easy as completing and signing a form Where there is no agreement, however, a Petition for Change of

Can Both Parties use the same Lawyer to Represent them in a Divorce?

CAN BOTH PARTIES USE THE SAME LAWYER TO REPRESENT THEM IN A DIVORCE By: Christopher Casserly, Esquire In the early 1980's Pennsylvania adopted “no fault divorce” laws Under these laws, couples became able to obtain a divorce without having to allege any kind of marital misconduct by the other

Custody Relocation

Relocating Think before you move By: Alicia Fastman, Esquire If you are a divorced or separated parent who is planning to move out of county, out of state, or out of the country, you are obligated, under the custody statute, to take certain steps before doing so Failing to follow the requirements

You get what you pay for: Why our initial consultation is worth every penny

“You get what you pay for: Why our initial consultation is worth every penny” By: Lawrence C Welsh, Esquire Have you ever heard the phrase: “you get what you pay for” Some local family law firms offer free consultations, and you may be tempted to schedule an appointment with a family law