Child-Support Lawyers Norristown, PA
Child support – are you involved in an issue that pertains to this emotionally-riveting situation? If so, our child-support lawyers at LaMonaca Law are experts in this field. Serving Norristown, PA and beyond, LaMonaca Law addresses the complicated and contentious elements that, often, arise when a parent is court-ordered to pay child support.
Helping Norristown, PA clients navigate through the twists, turns, and intricacies of the child-support process helps to alleviate the stress, the anger, the worry, and any feelings of hopelessness. Even though child support is for the good of the child, a parent may attempt to refuse or reduce the ordered payments. Our child-support lawyers will make sure payments to you for your child(ren), are full and on time.
A Few Questions For You
Here are a few questions you might relate to:
- As a custodial parent, do you feel your child-support entitlement is too little?
- As a non-custodial parent, do you feel your child-support payment amounts are too much?
- Are you desiring to collect on child-support payments that have been skipped or missed?
- Does the non-custodial parent refuse to make child-support payments?
- Has the non-custodial parent moved out-of-state or out of the US?
- As a custodial or non-custodial parent, do you feel a modification for the current child-support order should be modified, due to a substantial change in circumstances?
These questions represent the many circumstances surrounding child support issues. Parents in Norristown, PA seek our decades of experience and mastery of Pennsylvania’s child-support laws.
And by the way, here is a fact that shouldn’t be overlooked: Dads aren’t the only ones who might pay child support – moms might pay child support, too!
We’ll Smooth Out the Wrinkles
Court-ordered financial support for children can include paternity cases, divorce, non-parental custody or relocation situations. Below, is valuable information you’ll want to know:
Child Support – When relationships or marriages end, child support supplies the most vulnerable members of the relationship – the children – with every need they would require. Usually, one parent will make a monthly payment to help cover the cost of raising a child. Pennsylvania child-support guidelines are, mainly, based on the income of both parents and how many children are involved.
Is your ex-spouse moving out of state or has he or she already done so and you remain concerned that child support could become compromised? Is your estranged partner refusing to pay child support? Call LaMonaca Law, now!
Though alimony and spousal support are intended for the ex-spouse, it is important that these two avenues are pursued. Any extra financial entitlements through alimony and spousal support can contribute toward the financial task of raising children.
Interstate Support – When a former spouse or partner moves across state lines and needs to be found, federal and interstate laws can assist to ensure child-support payments continue, once the person is located. Also, support payments can be modified when the parties do not reside in the same state. Be aware, also, that LaMonaca Law can obtain a child-support order when one parent resides in another country.
Whether you are a parent on the giving end or the receiving end of monetary support for your child, our child-support lawyers will make sure the support order is implemented correctly and fairly.
Paternity – Pennsylvania law requires fathers to share in the legal and financial responsibilities associated with their child(ren) until the child reaches the age of 18 or graduates from high school – whichever happens last.
There are situations, however, where paternity is not clear. Before any child support can be determined, clouded paternity issues must be resolved. The father’s name may not appear on a birth certificate; a man may believe he is not the father of a child; a mother may not know who the biological father is. LaMonaca Law can help with establishing paternity even if circumstances seem unclear or overwhelmingly complicated.
Once paternity is established, the child is entitled to financial support from the father, via a court order.
Additionally, a child might benefit from the father’s medical and/or life insurance benefits as well as other financial avenues.
In Pennsylvania, both parents are considered financial contributors towards raising a child. However, the custodial parent – the one who provides most of the parenting for the child – usually receives the child-support payments from the ‘non-custodial’ parent – the one who offers less parenting time.
The child-support lawyers from LaMonaca Law will leave no stone unturned to make sure child-support payments are fair and serve the best interest of the child. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child-support situation, do not hesitate to contact LaMonaca Law!
Peer-Awarded and Recognized
Mr. LaMonaca is the recipient of various awards, honors, and distinctions:
- Named a “Top Lawyer” fourteen times in Main Line Today magazine for “Divorce” and/or “Custody” (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2006, 2004).
- Named an “Awesome/Top Attorney” (Ranked #1) for Family Law and Divorce in Suburban Life Magazine (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010).
- Raised to AV Preeminent (4.5-5.0) by LexisNexis/Martindale Hubble (2017) – AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence in, both, legal ability and ethical standards.
- Recognized by Daily Times Best Lawyers for “Family Law” (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015)
- Awarded the “Top 100 Family Law Attorneys in Pennsylvania” by The American Society of Legal Advocates.
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in Philadelphia Magazine.
- Received a 10 out of 10 Ranking Score on Avvo.com
- Mr. LaMonaca holds memberships in the American Bar Association and Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Family Law Divisions, as well as several other organizations.
Download Our Free EBook
It has been said, Knowledge is Power, and truer words were never spoken! We encourage you to download our complimentary ebook, The Pennsylvania Divorce, Custody, and Financial Survival Guide, available on our website.
May the insightful information empower you to move forward with resilience, courage, and confidence. Our child-support lawyers will be with you, every step of the way!
Contact LaMonaca Law – We Listen – We Care
If your former spouse or partner has a powerful child-support lawyer, shouldn’t you have the same? Our Norristown, PA patrons can gain more information and reach out to our legal team in various ways:
- Call us at 484-440-9226 or 484-440-9284 for, immediate, attention.
- Visit our website www.lamonacalaw.com to schedule a consultation. Click and respond to the Schedule Consultation tab on our website’s front page. We will reply, promptly!
- Initiate a Live Chat with a member of our team!
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Google My Business, and LinkedIn.