Dr. Phil’s Divorce Readiness Test
Dr. Phil believes that many people get divorced too quickly when problems arise, and he says that you should not pursue a divorce unless and until you have asked yourselves the following questions:
- Have you done everything you can to save and rehabilitate your marriage?
- Do you have unfinished emotional business?
- Have you researched, planned, and prepared yourself legally for a divorce?
- Are you ready to adopt a new standard of conduct with your children?
- Are you willing to create a new relationship as a co-parent?
Ask yourself the questions above when contemplating a divorce. Can your marriage be saved? Are you emotionally prepared to separate from your spouse? Do you know what you’re getting yourself into by way of the legal process? How will you shift your day-to-day life with regard to your kids? How will you build a relationship with your spouse to allow you to be parents and cooperate despite a divorce?
For more, the original article can be found here.
To schedule an appointment with one of our attorneys or for further information, call us at LaMonaca Law, at (610) 892-3877