Child-Support Lawyers West Chester, PA
Thank you for placing your faith in LaMonaca Law. It is, here, where child-support lawyers stand up for what is in the best interest of the child. It is, here, where we fight for the welfare of the child through maximized financial support from the non-custodial parent. Our hope-filled goal is, also, to help parents move beyond the monetary and beyond the bitterness and hurt. We know it takes time – we get it!
The topic of child support can be polarizing, agonizing, intense, heartbreaking, and traumatic. We have experienced every case scenario, imaginable. Our child support lawyers – serving West Chester, PA and many other communities – have experienced and embraced the heart-rendering elements that can surface when child custody and child support is determined.
When a mother and father choose separate lives, the most vulnerable are the youngsters who never asked for mom and dad to live apart. Their hearts are broken, but as child-support lawyers, we are compassionate and empathetic. We will fight for every minor’s child-support rights to ensure their lives can move forward with every need being met – that is paramount and it’s a great first step in the right direction.
Child-Support – Here’s a Question for You
Which of these questions might relate to your child-support circumstances?
- As a custodial parent, do you feel your child-support entitlement is too low?
- As a non-custodial parent, do you feel your child-support payment amounts are too high?
- Are you desiring to collect on child-support payments that have been skipped or missed?
- Does the non-custodial parent refuse to make child-support payments?
- Has the non-custodial parent moved out of state or out of the US?
- As a custodial or non-custodial parent, do you feel a modification for the current child-support order is justified, due to a substantial change in circumstances?
Parents from West Chester, PA seek the expertise of LaMonaca Law’s child-support lawyers. Those parents, who become our patrons, fully appreciate our fierce dedication to upholding the law and fighting for the children, first and foremost.
Our Child-Support Lawyers are Your Strong Ally
Court-ordered financial support for children can include paternity cases, divorce, non-parental custody, or relocation situations. Below, is insightful information you’ll appreciate knowing:
Child Support – When relationships or marriages end, child support supplies the most vulnerable – the children – with every need they would require. Usually, one parent will make a monthly payment to help cover the cost of raising a child. Pennsylvania child-support guidelines are, mainly, based on the income of both parents and how many children are involved.
Even if both parents can come to an agreement on child support, a child-support lawyer is needed to handle the mediation and complicated paperwork. Not all agreements, however, are in-sync. Is your ex-spouse moving out of state or has he or she already done so and you remain concerned that child support could become compromised? Is your estranged partner or spouse refusing to pay child support? Call LaMonaca Law, now!
Though alimony and spousal support are intended for the estranged spouse, it is important that these two avenues are pursued, especially, if children are involved in a divorce. It’s a practical reason: any extra financial entitlements through alimony and spousal support can contribute toward the financial task of raising children.
Interstate Support – When a former spouse or partner moves across state lines and needs to be found, federal and interstate laws can assist to ensure child-support payments continue, once the person is located. Also, support payments can be modified when the parties do not reside in the same state. Be aware, also, that LaMonaca Law can obtain a child-support order when one parent resides in another country.
Whether you are a parent on the giving end or the receiving end of monetary support, our child-support lawyers will make sure the support order is implemented correctly and fairly for the entitled child.
Paternity – Pennsylvania law requires fathers to share in the legal and financial responsibilities associated with their child(ren) until the child reaches the age of 18 or graduates from high school – whichever happens last.
There are situations, however, where paternity is not clear. Before any child support can be determined, muddled paternity issues must be resolved. The father’s name may not appear on a birth certificate; a man may believe he is not the father of a child; a mother may not know who the biological father is – LaMonaca Law can help with establishing paternity even if circumstances seem unclear or overwhelmingly complicated.
Once paternity is established, the child is entitled to financial support from the father, via a court order.
Additionally, a child might benefit from the father’s medical and/or life insurance benefits as well as other financial avenues.
In Pennsylvania, both parents are considered financial contributors towards raising a child. However, the custodial parent usually receives the child-support payments from the non-custodial parent – the one who offers less parenting time. However, a number of variables will go into determining if an increase or a decrease in child support is necessary.
Be assured that the child-support lawyers from LaMonaca Law will work, feverishly, to make sure child-support payments are fair and serve the best interest of the child. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your child-support situation, do not hesitate to contact LaMonaca Law!
LaMonaca Law – Peer-Awarded and Recognized
Mr. LaMonaca is the recipient of various awards, honors, and distinctions:
- Named a “Top Lawyer” fourteen times in Main Line Today magazine for “Divorce” and/or “Custody” (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2006, 2004).
- Named an “Awesome/Top Attorney” (Ranked #1) for Family Law and Divorce in Suburban Life Magazine (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010).
- Raised to AV Preeminent (4.5-5.0) by LexisNexis/Martindale Hubble (2017) – AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence in, both, legal ability and ethical standards.
- Recognized by Daily Times Best Lawyers for “Family Law” (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015)
- Awarded the “Top 100 Family Law Attorneys in Pennsylvania” by The American Society of Legal Advocates.
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in Philadelphia Magazine.
- Received a 10-out-of-10 Ranking Score on Avvo.com
- Mr. LaMonaca holds memberships in the American Bar Association and Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Family Law Divisions, as well as several other organizations.
Download Our Free EBook
It has been said, Knowledge is Power and, at LaMonaca Law, we tend to agree! We encourage you to download our complimentary ebook, The Pennsylvania Divorce, Custody, and Financial Survival Guide, available on our website. May the insightful information empower you to move forward with resilience, courage, and confidence.
Contact LaMonaca Law, Today
If your former spouse or partner has a powerful child-support lawyer on his or her side, shouldn’t you have the same? Our West Chester, PA patrons can gain more information and reach out to our legal team in various ways:
- Call us at 484-440-9226 or 484-440-9284 for, immediate, attention.
- Visit our website www.lamonacalaw.com to schedule a consultation. Click and respond to the Schedule Consultation tab on our website. We will reply, promptly!
- Initiate a Live Chat with a member of our team!
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Google My Business, and LinkedIn.