Custody Lawyers in West Chester, PA
Searching for a child-custody lawyer may not be pleasant, but in the end you will become aware of how critically important it is to have a potent legal ally by your side. Child custody is, frequently, embedded with contention and high emotions, and partnering with a highly-skilled custody lawyer is to your advantage.
At LaMonaca Law, our custody lawyers offer legal guidance, support, and resolution regarding child-custody situations for residents in West Chester, PA as well as other Pennsylvania communities. Our custody lawyers help families who are dealing with custody issues out-of-state as well as custody issues that find themselves in other parts of the world.
In Pennsylvania, the law presumes that it is best for a child to have a relationship with both parents. However, if you can prove that contact with the other parent could become detrimental to the emotional and/or physical health of your child(ren), you may have a case that could limit or discontinue custody for the other parent.
Custody – Our Lawyers Are Experts
Many parents will do all it takes to bypass a court setting regarding child custody. Our custody lawyers will offer guidance on how to avoid a court setting. If there is no custody order from the court, both parents have equal rights to the child.
There are a variety of child-custody situations – from primary physical custody, partial physical custody, and supervised visitations to sole legal custody, joint legal custody, and litigating relocation issues – the legal scenarios are many and complex. For this reason, being represented by seasoned custody lawyers is imperative. We are experts in every realm of child-custody situations!
If both parents cannot offer an acceptable parenting agreement for the court to adopt, the court would issue its own controlling order to resolve the matter. Pennsylvania courts adhere to the belief that child-custody decisions are to be based on what is in the best interest of the child.
Custody – Our Practice Areas are Vast
Our custody lawyers provide expertise for our West Chester, PA clients in multiple practice areas. LaMonaca Law offers winning strategies with the following:
Child Custody – Many parents are unaware of what child-custody laws allow or prohibit. As a result, parents unknowingly break the rules or mishandle court orders. This can lead to some unpleasant and unintended consequences! Please consult with our custody lawyers to discuss your circumstances.
Third Party Custody – At times, children are safer when they live with someone other than the biological parents. With abuse, neglect, or other unacceptable situations, our custody lawyers have protected the interests of grandparents, other family members, and foster families who have stepped up to properly care for children in harm’s way. Contact our custody lawyers to help your child-of-concern to be placed in your care!
Relocation – If you are objecting to a relocation by the other parent, our custody lawyers can help prevent your child(ren) moving to another part of Pennsylvania or out of state. We can assist you in obtaining an order awarding you custody in Pennsylvania rather than allowing the other parent to receive custody outside of the Commonwealth.
We can, also, provide legal intervention if you are the parent who would be relocating! Our custody lawyers may obtain a leave-of-court if the non-relocating parent were to object.
Parental Kidnapping – Parental kidnapping would result in immediate action on the part of our custody lawyers. We would notify authorities, without delay, and move forward through the court on an emergency basis.
Hague Convention Cases – It happens: a parent moves under the radar and leaves the country with children, in tow, violating a court order. Here, the International Hague Convention may come into play. We have, successfully, litigated Hague cases in many countries and have reunited parents with their children on US soil.
It takes intense logistical collaboration and coordination with the US Department of State, the US Embassy, and foreign entities. Our success stories are nothing short of astounding, and we take on cases other law firms do not wish to handle!
Custodial Time – The other parent may refuse to relinquish your child to you. Perhaps, your estranged partner has moved out of state without having modified the custody agreement. Or, do you find yourself wondering what to do since no custody-agreement rules exist in your situation?
LaMonaca Law will make sure your custody and visitation needs are handled expeditiously and thoroughly. This could include addressing past custody determinations that would need to be revisited/modified to meet changing, present-life circumstances. For example, a child might wish to live, primarily, with the other parent who did not have primary physical custody, previously.
Grandparents’ Rights – There are times when grandparents seek legal custody or visitation rights concerning their grandchildren. When children are subjected to abuse or negligence or if the grandchild has lived with the grandparents for an extended period of time, it is not uncommon for grandparents to step in who desire to become legal caretakers.
On the other hand, a grandparent might be seeking custody of your child for all the wrong reasons. If you are a parent or a grandparent, our child-custody lawyers are here to help you regarding this topic!
Child Welfare – Are you involved with child-protective services or child-welfare services? If you are separated from your child, we will investigate any possible unwarranted accusations of negligence or other types of child-welfare concerns. Call our legal team for help!
Support – If you have legal custody of your child(ren), you want as much financial support, as necessary. This could include alimony, spousal support, and child support. Our custody lawyers will make sure your lifestyle with your child(ren) remains as intact, as possible, by making sure you receive the monetary support you need and are entitled to.
“New” Child Custody Law – The Court must now show, on the record, the reasons it indicates the child-custody orders it does. The Court must address each of the custody factors, one by one, and indicate how it arrives at any decisions. Parents gain a clear understanding of why any judge orders what he or she did. At LaMonaca Law, we condition our clients to provide information consistent with the sixteen custody factors.
Our custody lawyers provide a voice for our West Chester, PA clients to maximize the chances that the Court will enter a ruling consistent with the best interest of the child.
Our Reputation Precedes Us
Mr. LaMonaca has received various awards and distinctions, such as:
- Named a “Top Lawyer” fourteen times in Main Line Today magazine for “Divorce” and/or “Custody” (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2006 and 2004).
- Named an “Awesome/Top Attorney” (Ranked #1) for Family Law and Divorce in Suburban Life Magazine (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011 and 2010).
- Raised to AV Preeminent (4.5-5.0) by LexisNexis/Martindale-Hubble – 2017. AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence in, both, legal ability and ethical standards.
- Recognized by Daily Times Best Lawyers for “Family Law’ (2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015)
- Awarded the “Top 100 Family Law Attorneys in Pennsylvania” by The American Society of Legal Advocates.
- Named a “Super Lawyer” in Philadelphia Magazine.
- Received a 10 out of 10 Ranking Score on Avvo.com
- Mr. LaMonaca holds memberships in the American Bar Association and Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Family Law Divisions, as well as several other organizations.
Contact LaMonaca Law, Right Now!
If your former spouse has a powerful custody lawyer on his or her side, shouldn’t you have one on yours? Our West Chester, PA patrons can gain more information and reach out to our legal team in various ways:
- Call us at 484-440-9226 or 484-440-9284 for, immediate, attention.
- Visit our website www.lamonacalaw.com to schedule a consultation. Click and respond to the Schedule Consultation tab on our website’s front page. We will reply, promptly!
- Download our free ebook, The Pennsylvania Divorce, Custody & Financial Survival Guide available on our website. May this valuable information enlighten and empower you. Your strength and positivity can help your child(ren) develop resiliency and confidence in spite of experiencing very difficult circumstances.
- Initiate a Live Chat with a member of our team.
- Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Google My Business, and LinkedIn.